Malaysian Brotherhood Battlefield Group
Please register / login to have full access to our forum!

Battlefield 3 Weapons: Should The Javelin be nerfed?

Go down

Battlefield 3 Weapons: Should The Javelin be nerfed?

Post by Qavs on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Future updates on Battlefield 3 are being speculated and the core designer of DICE, Alan Kertz has provided some details on areas that needs to be improved. All fresh nerfs are however being debated.

The first was the debate on the Tactical Light and IRNV scope patch, which is still being debated by gamers as something that should not have been changed right from the start.

The other nerf concerns the FAMAS assault rifle. Though not yet implemented, it seems that DICE will lower the power of the FAMAS when pairing it up with its foregrip accessory. A lot of changes are expected on the accessory front also. Changes could include providing bipod, suppressor, foregrip, flash suppressor, laser pointer and heavy barrel.

The next nerf that could be changed is the javelin. It has the ability of taking down ground targets when locked on and also damage air targets by combining with laser designators like SOFLAM.

Some gamers, particularly those who pilot helicopters & jets have expressed displeasure about the javelin, which they feel should have primarily been restricted to targets on the ground and should not be able to take out air targets with 1 shot.

However, this claim is also debatable. DICE has already nerfed its stinger missile, which reduces the damage to air targets and many do think the javelin will be experiencing the same fate.

This move may prove more beneficial for PCs than for video consoles. This is because there are more casual console gamers compared to PC gamers who play BF3. Requiring more teamwork to take down an air target may prove more advantageous to PC gamers.

View user profile http://mybclan.goodbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 3 Weapons: Should The Javelin be nerfed?

Post by Matrix374 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:36 pm

The only thing they need to nerf about the javelin are giving pilots a chance to evade the missle/rocket by actually giving a warning and making flares effective.
Matrix374
Official Member of LBG
Official Member of LBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atoms on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:05 pm

I will really really hate DICE if they ever nerf JAV coz its my only defense against those annoying heli and jets-.-"

Board Of Directors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slasherboy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:43 am

Matrix374 wrote:The only thing they need to nerf about the javelin are giving pilots a chance to evade the missle/rocket by actually giving a warning and making flares effective.
Then won't just carrying a stinger be more effective??
Btw the Famas wont get nerf, the attachments will. So now if you use Grip and silencer together you won't get so much recoil reduction. So this can promote other attachments being used, flash suppressor, heavy barrel, etc.
The best part yet is they will be buffing the usas 12 (fire rate) and frag rounds.
And in my opinion Laser sights's hip fire decrease should be removed and implement it like a mini soflam. You point your gun at an area and other players can use their guided weapons to fire. But the paint will go away once the guns is lowered. And you need to have clear visibility of the paint to shoot your guided rockets.
While thats just in my opinion.
slasherboy
Recruiter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Electroclashed on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:39 am

I think Javelin should just stay where it's at.. In fact, I would be happier if they actually speed up the javelins lock on time. I think it takes a little bit too long given the fact that we use it against some crazy ass tanks and heli's. Stinger.... waste of slot.. Not many ppl use it and I think Dice should actually enhance it so that ppl will start using it. I can't recall myself or any player in random maps carrying stinger. It's either RPG's or Javs.
Electroclashed
Recruiter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atoms on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:02 am

actually not everyday the Javelin can hit its target la.......sometimes it jus fly around the target and boom-.-" so why go and nerf it!

Board Of Directors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slasherboy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:37 am

You know what i think it is just perfectly find just the way it is now.
slasherboy
Recruiter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fakamal on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Anymore ridiculous nerfing by DICE and i'll sell my game and rig and go buy a bike.

DICE please stop listening to pussy/whiners
Fakamal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum